Sunday, May 21, 2023

Day 7 Othello to Washtucna


 Biking along a shade less road for 40 miles

Othello to Washtucna

    I left Othello after breakfast on a day even hotter than the previous day.  The weather report projected that it would reach 97 degrees Fahrenheit, though I will be a few days without internet and cannot verify this.  I can tell you that it was very HOT.  I biked 45 miles without seeing a building or finding any respite from the blaring sun.  There was no resting place which would give me respite from the blaring sun.  I was glad to bring lots of water.   I covered myself completely with sunscreen, but I evidently neglected the tips of my fingers which extend beyond my bike gloves, my right wrist, and the tops of my ears all of which hurt.  I am grateful that tomorrow promises to be cooler and that my ride will be much shorter. 

    Washtucna, population 210 and falling rapidly, has no motels or campgrounds.  I spoke with a lovely lady who administers the trailer park who pointed me to the city park frequented by cyclists.  I pitched my tent and was grateful that the temperature is dropping.  She has invited me to shower at her place and I am very much looking forward to this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Arriving in Worcester

 It was a joy to be met by my sister and mother in Worcester