Saturday, August 12, 2023

Meeting with Denise in Amsterdam!


 

     I remember reading the account of a 16th century explorer who sailed across the Atlantic.  He wrote that after weeks of travel, it was a source of enormous joy and relief to see birds for the first time.  This indicated to him that land was not far off.

     I felt like this when Denise came out visit me near Amsterdam, New York.  It is the first time in over a month that I have been able to see her and we explored that beautiful region together.  We stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast in hills overlooking the city.  It was so wonderful to spend time with her and I am so much looking forward to arriving at home next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Arriving in Worcester

 It was a joy to be met by my sister and mother in Worcester